- 3 July 2018
After months of scrutiny about privacy concerns and where ads are actually coming from, Facebook has taken action into their own hands. Advertisers and consumers alike went to sleep on Thursday, June 28h and woke up on Friday, June 29th with a pretty substantial change on their favorite social media platform.
With Facebook trying to crack down on fraudulent accounts that have previously served false ads, they have opened a floodgate of possibilities for its consumer base.
Here is a screenshot of how you can discover what advertisements a page is currently running:
Whenever a change is enacted on a platform that has 2.2 billion monthly active users, there is going to be a learning curve in how the new updates are utilized. This most recent update is going to bring both positive and negative aspects to the platform, however, the transparency between the platform and the consumer is at an all-time high.
Here are some of the positives and negatives that can be found with the new update:
- Facebook users will have full transparency on the platform as is pertains to who is paying for the ad that they are seeing
- A user can view any/all active advertisements that a company is running at that moment in time – providing consumers with more information than ever about the platform
- A consumer can see the history of a specific page – showing any changes that may have happened throughout the years
- Competitors can now see and copy a businesses’ exact ad strategy
- You cannot hide your special offers from your competitors
- Someone outside of your target audience could hypothetically see the advertisement that you were offering to select individuals
Overall, this is a step in the right direction, and the positives far outweigh the negatives.
If you have any questions about this report or if you want to inquire about starting your own Facebook advertising campaign, please click here.Schedule a Call